Like pretty much everyone else, I’m sitting here wondering what happened to January. It just started and now it’s over. Apparently, the older I get, the faster life goes by. Go figure — people were right!
It was a crazy busy month full of lots of good but also some not so great days. Such is life, I know. All in all, though, I quite enjoyed all the lessons and time I got to spend with others.
In January, I —
– spent the month writing more than in recent months — and submitting a bit more (though most of my words went to my book). I had the honor of guest blogging at IamSteveAustin.com: Time Travel, Potatoes, and Grace
– celebrated Scott and Kara’s two-year wedding anniversary (actual celebration to come since they went off on their own for a week).
– restarted 1,000 miles (another 1,000), although January has been very slow for adding miles, and because of my schedule and the shorter days, it’s been hard to walk a lot, but better days are coming.
– started a gratitude journal, just counting small and large blessings. It’s like micro-journaling, but it helps me stay focused in the darker times of life.
– had my first meeting with my Toastmasters mentor. So much wisdom; it’s really wonderful to be on the receiving end of mentoring.
– spent a lot of time in intense pre-course work and then two long days in a training conference. I walked away with a broken brain but lots of ideas for my job, as well as advocacy and writing.
A look back at the month in pictures, where I obviously spent a lot of time with family, friends, the husky, and words!
The following sessions/weddings were shared on KlockePhotography.com —
And, finally, I wrote the following at Scars and Tiaras —