Lover of life, Dream Chaser
Freelance Writer, Photographer
- Pikes Peak Courier, Newspaper – Woodland Park, CO
- Celebrate Life Magazine
- Cincinnati Family
- Northern Nevada Family
- Windsor Parent
(Also self-published an electronic book for parents who write, and I worked as a reporter/stringer/freelancer for The Williston Pioneer newspaper from 1993-2001.)
As owner and artist, I handle all aspects of my business, from marketing to interviewing, photographing clients to delivering prints. www.klockephotography.com
Co-founder of P.E.P. – Photographers Encouraging Photographers – a twice-monthly meeting of local new and experienced photographers, set up for the purpose of teaching and encouraging.
One Young Parent
Founder, Editor, Publisher, Mentor
- Mentor/support teen parents and expecting teens by phone and through e-mail and postal mail.
- Write articles/essays for Web site (also for previous newsletter). Maintain Web site content and design.
- Moderate message board for teen parent visitors.
- Editor and publisher of EMPOWERED.
- Oversee and hire writers for Web site content and EMPOWERED content. Run support group for local teen parents.
The Writing Parent
Founder, Editor, Publisher, Mentor
- Editor and publisher of monthly electronic newsletter issues.
- Oversee hiring of writers and columnists for site and newsletter. Write articles/essays for site and newsletter.
- In charge of marketing and advertising.
- Maintain Web site content and design.
The Writing Parent received mention in such publications as Writer’s Digest, Byline and Real Simple Magazine.
- Teen Violence Awareness Month Event – Woodland Park, Colorado – March 2014
- Career Day, Photography – Woodland Park Middle School, Colorado – 2011
- CHOICES Gala – 2009
- Teen Summit – Rome, Georgia
- Teen Leadership Team, Weekend Event – Cartersville, Georgia
- Various Schools/Churches – Georgia
- CHOICES (Teller County, Previously Teller County Pregnancy Center) 2009-Present – “Earn While You Learn” Mentor and Housekeeping
- Victim Advocate, Teller County Victim Assistance 2013-Present
- Participant in Pikes Peak Hike for Habitat 2010 (Habitat for Humanity)
- Participant in WalkAmerica 2006, Rome, Georgia (March of Dimes)
- Founder of One Young Parent: Empowering Teen Parents OneYoungParent.com (2000-2006)
- Secretary of Teen Pregnancy Prevention Task Force, Cartersville, GA.
- Member of Bartow County Parent Advisory Committee
- Participated in Blogging for Charity event, July 2004. Raised funds for Modest Needs Foundation. ModestNeeds.org
- Chemo Angel to young girl with terminal cancer, 2002. ChemoAngels.com
- Mentor to writers/photographers – children and adults.
- Strong ability in computerized environment, using Mac or PC platforms. Software includes: Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom.
- Can communicate effectively in print and by spoken word
- Photography – journalistic and artistic freelance/portraiture
- Can multi-task, handle several assignments/projects at once
- Excellence in customer service
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Excellent research skills, using a variety of methods
- Have worked with small and large groups of adults and children
- Planning skills, including events for children lasting in duration from one day to one week
- Leadership, mentoring, motivational coaching
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
Contact me and let’s discuss how I can assist you.